Friday, May 3, 2013

Flexing Your Dialogue Muscles

Hello, good people of the page! Today I'm gonna talk a little bit about the writing class I give here on INDIE Books Gone Wild. I call it: Open Critique Services.

Over the last week, I've written posts over on my blog, Jo Michaels ~ Author, that help you flex your dialogue writing muscles. Those are a part of the OCS class I give here. If you'd like to check them out, here's a handy-dandy link for you:
Dialogue Exercises

You can find the links to all fifteen exercises from that page. In open critique, I read the work you've written via the exercises I assign and provide detailed, inline feedback to help you become a better writer. You'll discover your strengths and weaknesses, and learn what to look for when you edit your books, all in just four weeks.

In addition, you get a handy book pack you can keep and reference any time.

So, if you're a beginning writer or know someone who'd like to become a writer but just needs a little education, point them to the Open Critique Class here. I'll be updating the page with an outline of my lesson plan next week.

One of our own, Ms. Tia Silverthorne Bach, participated in the A-Z blog challenge last month. Her theme was literary devices. If you'd like some education on tools you can use to write a better novel, check out her posts over on Depression Cookies. I'm linking you to the letter Z, but you can find the others from there.

We'll also have an announcement soon on the release date for a couple of books we've been working on. One is Heather Topham Wood's book, The Disappearing Girl. The other is Tia's book, Chasing Memories. I hope you'll all come back for that!

Well, I have an inspirational book that needs some editing! So that's all for today, folks! Until next time, WRITE ON!

Jo