Thursday, July 17, 2014

Welcome Krystal

Hello everyone and happy Thursday! Jo here. I'm really excited to be announcing the final addition to the team. This lovely lady will be working with the wondersauce that's Tia Silverthorne Bach and the other two amazing editors you met last week, Eliza and Mollie. We're so excited to welcome Krystal to the IBGW family. We have some exciting stuff happening around here, and I can't wait to share it with you in the upcoming weeks. *claps hands* Let's get to it!

Meet Ms. Krystal Wade

When I first began writing, I never imagined becoming an editor. I mostly imagined posh residences, flash photography everywhere I went, zero money issues, and a departure from my 9-5 in the nation's capital. Boy, what an idiot I was. My first book was accepted for publication, and my editor threw ALL THE RULES at me. She taught me everything I know, and then some, using her little red notes and references back to the publisher's style guide. Since then, I've worked in several different arenas of the publishing world: from acquisitions, to marketing, to production, to full-scale edits. I love helping authors hone their craft, teaching them how to write clean manuscripts the first time, pointing out their usual flaws, and making stories sparkle like hot vampires--if you're into that sort of thing. My first love is young adult fiction, with strong interests in dark plots and twisted characters . . . and a little romance helps. And if you must know, I live in Virginia with my husband, three children, two dogs, two cats, three bunnies, and way too many chickens.


Here's what her clients are saying:

"Krystal provided tremendous insight into the publishing industry, particularly where young and new adult novels were concerned. She consistently made herself available to answer any questions, provide coaching, and offer moral support to ensure I stayed on track.

She routinely demonstrated that she had a keen eye for detail, performed well on a deadline, and was always willing to go the extra mile when needed. Her work was always completed before the deadline in a very satisfactory manner." ~ A.K. Morgan, FADE (2012)

"I’ve already learned so much from Krystal. She’s given great feedback not only on the technical aspects of sentence construction but also on content. Her advice and suggestions have made my book tremendously stronger already, and we aren’t even finished yet. Her comments are honest but kind. She not only shows what needs to change, but will explain why so I can understand what I need to do differently in the future.  She’s always very clear with her comments, which I very much appreciate. I am thankful to get to work with her and would definitely recommend her editing services to anyone." ~ Amy Bearce, FAIRY KEEPER (2015)

"Krystal always edited with enthusiasm and an innate understanding of the story and the book-selling market. She helped me produce the best version of my manuscript possible. She always worked on deadline and was very willing to provide additional information and clarify certain points as needed. I highly recommend Krystal as an editor. As an author and public figure herself, she takes great pride in her reputation, conducts herself professionally, and is easy to work with." ~ Jamie Ayres, My So-Called Afterlife (2012)

We'll be having the giveaway soon. Book titles will be randomly chosen from the editor's body of work. I didn't want to put it up this week because that would be bad service for the authors we already have giveaways running for.

Keep your eyes open for that. I know I told you it would happen with Krystal's announcement post, but I reconsidered. You'll have a chance to snag some great reads very soon.

Well, that's all for today, folks! Until next time, WRITE ON!

Jo