Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Time to Welcome Tia Bach

Hello, good people of the page! I'm excited for you all to help me welcome our fourth editor, Ms. Tia Silverthorne Bach, author of Depression Cookies, book reviewer, and long-time editor.

Without further ado, here's her bio:

Hi, my name is Tia Silverthorne Bach. Since I was a little girl, I either had a book or a pen in my hand. Guess the same is still true. Raised by a poet and an engineer, I found an equal love for words and structure. In college, I majored in Business but worked as a technical writer and newsletter editor for IBM. Throughout my career, I wrote and edited company newsletters and marketing materials.

Then, I had my first child and decided to write during the few hours she slept. I convinced my mom to co-author a coming-of-age story with alternating view points, teenage daughter and middle-aged mother. Our award-winning novel, Depression Cookies, debuted years later. All the while, I continued to edit and publish Moms Club newsletters and other materials. My second book, and first young adult piece, will be out by summer 2013 (thanks to the editing talents of the lovely Jo Michaels).

Between books, I started offering my editing services to friends with novels in the works. Thanks to word of mouth, I built my reputation and business. Last year, I edited two books that were indie published: Trinidad Express by James E. Keen, a nonfiction sailing book, and Gifts from a Muse by Lane Schroeder, a poetry collection. In addition, I recently finished editing a collection of short stories, a young adult paranormal novel, and a literary fiction novel. The latter two should be published within the year. An avid reader with varied tastes, I pride myself on finding diamonds in the rough. Few things bring me more joy than helping an author polish his/her piece.

Independent authors are rocking the book world, and I’d love the opportunity to help you take your manuscript from draft to published book. Go Indie!


Here's what Tia's clients are saying:

“Having a book that I'm proud of has given me much pleasure since its publication last summer. It was a great comfort to have Gifts from a Muse in Tia' s professional hands as she worked with me in transforming my manuscript to one that was ready for the publisher. Her calm demeanor and sound suggestions were truly a blessing. I have missed our phone consultations and will definitely request her help in any future publication.” ~ Lane Farmer Schroeder, author of Gifts from a Muse

“Through Tia Bach's work on my book, Borrowed Things, I learned the priceless contributions a good editor can give to an author. She provided formatting and polish that I, as a novice in the world of writing, knew nothing about. She did this with respect for my creativity and sensitivity, and made the book better than it would have been without her skill and objectivity.” ~ Doris Schneider, author of Borrowed Things (process of being published)



Welcome to the team, Tia!

I hope you'll all join me in welcoming Tia. Leave her some comment love.

That's all for today, folks! Until next time, WRITE ON!

Jo