Monday, October 5, 2015

Welcome Jessica

Happy Monday, good people of the blogosphere! Jo here. There are some exciting changes happening at IBGW, and I'd like to share with you today. I'm proud to introduce you all to Jessica Nelson. She'll be working under the fabulous Tia Silverthorne Bach. Which basically means she'll be guiding Jessica through our standards and will be available to help her fulfill all our customers' needs from here out.

We found Jessica via Utopia Con, and we've been stalking *ahem* following her on Facebook for quite a while now. We love her personality and energy, and we're thrilled to have her join the family.

So, without further ado, I introduce the newest member of IBGW, Jessica Nelson.

Bio:
I was the kind of kid who read The Three Musketeers under her desk. I’ve had entire conversations about the difference between a fiasco and a debacle. As a lifelong reader and nitpicker, I am passionate about both a good story arc and the fine details.

My educational past includes bachelor’s and master’s degrees in English and a certificate in teaching English as a second language. I have taught writing skills to 7th graders, college students, and adult literacy learners. I also spent seven years writing and editing for a university before I began editing fiction professionally.

As an editor, my goal is to be helpful. This means I will always respect your voice, and I will explain my changes or query with suggestions where a bigger fix is needed. My style guide is The Chicago Manual of Style, 16th Edition, and I will edit any genre.

Here's what her clients are saying:

"I've had a few editors in my three years of self publishing, and Jessica Nelson is by far the best. She is professional and intelligent, working her magic to make my novels the best they can be. Working with her is a delight and I love getting her feedback. If you want your novel to be the best, you want Jessica editing it!" ~  Felicia Tatum, author of the White Aura series

So, here's a WARM IBGW welcome to Jessica! Amazing to have you on the team, and I know you'll do great things!

Well, that's all for today, folks! Until next time, WRITE ON!

Jo